Welcome to Penrose House:
The house that’s ready for you to call home.
Located in beautiful Penrose, Colorado.
This gorgeous 2100 sf. home was custom built in 2005 and boasts the following attributes:
3 bedroom 2 bathroom ranch style home located on 50.6 secluded acres that can be liberally used with no HOA (no restrictions) and 3,436 usable indoor sf.
- Master suite (15×30 bedroom 13×12 sitting area and 8×11 attached master bath) overlooks the west side of the property, including what is currently set up as the horse pen. It has a large sitting room and extra large walk-in closet and his and her bathroom;
- Two full bathrooms (master 8×11 and full bath 5×9). Master suite bathroom is spacious and has double sinks and stand up shower and main bath has tub/shower with excellent water pressure;
- Two average sized bedrooms (12×9 and 10×13) with large closets;
- Large pantry in kitchen with copious amounts of storage space; dishwasher, garbage disposal, built in microwave, newer fridge/freezer and clean stove/oven, garden window; and separated eating area (kitchen 15×11 and breakfast nook 7×11);
- Dining area 11×12 opens into great room;
- Great room 21×27 with wood stove and walk out sliding glass doors facing hogback;
- Washer/Dryer hook up in large laundry or mud room (10×13) washer and dryer included;
- Front door/side door or garage door entrance;
- Ceiling fans in every room. Air conditioning (forced air);
- House was custom built in 2005 and has heavy efficient windows;
- Carpet in all rooms but kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry area which instead has quality tile;
- Large deck in fenced back yard (refinished in 2013) 24×12;
- Front deck 15×8;
- Crawl space that covers the entire length of the house and apx. 4 ft. high, all pipes and lines are easily accessed;
- Propane: hot water and stove;
- Electric: Forced air and heat; and
- High speed internet service available.
- Liscott built home with Hardie board style siding, fire resistant, bird resistant (they won’t be pecking holes in the house as they do on wood homes);
- 2 car oversized (28×22) attached garage; AND
- 2 car (or 24×30) DETACHED shop with electricity, phone lines, 220 hook up, concrete floors, sewer drain and water (original intent was to put a full bathroom in it) this shop is PERFECT for mechanics; and there is
- additional detached 10×10 storage shed next to shop with metal shelving;
- apx. 10×8 storage shed and chicken coop in southeast area about 1/2 acre from residence;
- Horse/llama/Alpaca friendly with two open galvanized steel shelters with partial walls and two 3/4 acre rectangular fenced pens.
- 2 apple trees, incredible rocks and crystals (Geological research society has camp apx. 5 miles away). Perfect soil for gardening;
- Zoned Forest Ag;
- Domestic Well Water: Domestic use and livestock. This well is one of the best in the Beaver Creek area. The water is clean and clear and water rights allow for an acre of irrigation this property has the original water rights which are very old and not restricted as the new water rights are.
- RV pad with full hookup; power, water, sewer, and phone line.
School District: you can choose between Canon City or Fremont County School Districts (see ‘Links and Other Penrose, Colorado related research sites’ to compare)
Zoning: Zoned Forest Ag
Domestic Well Water approved pursuant to CRS 37-92-602(3)(b)(II) which specifically states 2) The use of ground water from this well is limited to ordinary household purposes inside TWO single family dwellings, fire protection, the watering of poultry, domestic animals, and livestock on farms and ranches, and irrigation of not over one acre of home gardens and lawns.
This is a big deal considering the water issues currently plaguing the area.
Septic tank size 1000 gallons.
According to FEMA this property has been certified as not being in a flood zone.
- 5 miles from Brush Hollow Reservoir; bike friendly (motor or mountain), no HOA rules apply (that means you can shoot/hunt or not depending on your preference or ride your atv or not; the noise level is dependent on you as there are no neighbors within the 50 acre perimeter) .
- Private road leading into back 40 of the property high into the hogback;
- Spectacular views of two mountain ranges; back side of Pikes Peak from County Road 132 and Sangre de Cristo from the kitchen window.
- Elevation apx. 5500. The town of Penrose sits at 5,338 and this property is slightly higher.
- There are many hunting and fishing areas nearby but not close enough to be a nuisance. This home is perfect for either the outdoor enthusiast OR one who enjoys solitude.
- The great thing is that if you have an atv you can actually enjoy it without neighbors complaining or HOA restrictions banning it completely;
- River Rafting galore! and
- Almost every usable space at this property could be used for income potential.
Quiet, peaceful, and ready to be your creative muse. This property is perfect to stay for awhile or stay forever. Almost every usable space could bring in potential income. We have used it as an investment property and have made a modest income with low vacancy. This is an extremely desirable location on the outskirts of Penrose (apx. 8 miles form town, 5 miles off the HWY on a dirt road rarely traveled) and a reasonable distance from Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Canon City. This property borders the end of the emergency vehicle geographic boundaries.
Folks have asked about the weather conditions in Penrose. Colorado weather is always unpredictable and the ‘norms’ constantly vary in cycles. From 2005-2008 the seasons were fairly mild. Winters never accumulated much snow and there was never a need to shovel. The sun would melt any snow within hours. There was one torrential rainstorm, however, it was a rare occurrence. Click here for a link to the weather almanac.
We will consider renting to qualified ( see if you qualify here) applicants that can pass credit, background and reference checks, on a yearly basis. $2500 per month with $2500 deposit utilities not included except water. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for application.