Welcome to Penrose House:
The house that’s ready for you to call home.
Located in beautiful Penrose, Colorado.
This gorgeous 2100 sf. home was custom built in 2005 and boasts the following attributes:
3 bedroom 2 bathroom ranch style home located on 50 secluded acres.
- Master suite overlooks the west side of the property, including what is currently set up as the horse pen. It has a large sitting room and extra large walk- in closet and his and her bathroom;
- Two full bathrooms. Master suite has his and her sinks, shower and main bath has tub/shower with excellent water pressure;
- Two average sized bedrooms with large closets;
- Large pantry in kitchen with commodious amounts of storage space; dishwasher, garbage disposal, built in microwave, newer fridge/freezer and clean stove/oven, garden window; and separated eating area;
- Washer/Dryer hook up in large laundry room;
- Front door/side door or garage door entrance;
- Ceiling fans in every room. Air conditioning (forced air);
- House was custom built in 2005 and has heavy efficient windows;
- Carpet in all rooms but kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry area which instead has quality tile;
- Wood stove in spacious bright living room, sunny dining area with sliding glass doors facing the hogback;
- large deck in fenced back yard;
- Propane: hot water and stove;
- Electric: Forced air and heat; and
- High speed internet service available.
- 2 car oversized attached garage; AND
- 2 car (or 24×30) DETACHED shop with electricity, phone lines, 220 hook up, and water (original intent was to put a full bathroom in it) this shop is PERFECT for mechanics; and there is
- additional detached 10×10 storage shed next to shop with metal shelving;
- apx. 10×8 storage shed and chicken coop in southeast area about 1/2 acre from residence;
- Horse/llama/Alpaca friendly with two shelters and two 3/4 acre rectangular fenced pens.
- 2 apple trees, incredible rocks and crystals (Geological research society has camp apx. 5 miles away). Perfect soil for gardening;
- Zoned Forest Ag;
- Domestic Well Water: Domestic use and livestock. This well is one of the best in the Beaver Creek area. The water is clean and clear.
- RV pad with full hookup; power, water, sewer, and phone line.
School District: you can choose between Canon City or Fremont County School Districts (see ‘Links and Other Penrose, Colorado related research sites’ to compare)
Zoning: Zoned Forest Ag
Domestic Well Water
- 5 miles from Brush Hollow Reservoir; bike friendly (motor or mountain), no HOA rules apply (that means you can shoot/hunt or not depending on your preference or ride your atv or not; the noise level is dependent on you as there are no neighbors within the 50 acre perimeter) .
- Private road leading into back 40 of the property high into the hogback; and
- There are many hunting and fishing areas nearby but not close enough to be a nuisance. This home is perfect for either the outdoor enthusiast OR one who enjoys solitude. The great thing is that if you have atv’s you can actually enjoy them without neighbors complaining or HOA restrictions.
- River Rafting galore!
- Almost every usable space at this property could be used for income potential.
Quiet, peaceful, and ready to be your creative muse. This property is perfect to stay for awhile or stay forever. Almost every usable space could bring in potential income. We have used it as an investment property and have made a modest income with low vacancy. This is an extremely desirable location on the outskirts of Penrose and a reasonable distance from Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Canyon City.
Folks have asked about the weather conditions in Penrose. Colorado weather is always unpredictable and the ‘norms’ constantly vary in cycles. From 2005-2008 the seasons were fairly mild. Winters never accumulated much snow and there was never a need to shovel. The sun would melt any snow within hours. There was one torrential rainstorm, however, it was a rare occurrence. Click here for a link to the weather almanac.
This house is currently being sold by owner. Listed $289,900 all offers will be considered.
Owner will also consider Lease Option or Long Term Rental. Email or call for pricing.
All reasonable and/or creative offers will be considered; however, owner is not interested in land or house trade.
Contact: keriba.events.com or call Kay at 303-816-1226.